Last month, I jumped at the opportunity to beta test the latest version of Natalie MacLean’s NatDecants’ Wine Reviews, Scanning and Cellaring app. I’ve been an infrequent Vivino user for over 5 years. Vivino has reach (over 16 million users) but is more of a Social Media Wine App for sharing wine information among friends. By comparison the real power of the new version of the NatDecants app is access to 270,000 expert wine ratings from Canada’s largest wine review site. This together with the wine pairing database means NatDecants is like a sommelier in your pocket, she’s there with you to help choose the right wine at the right price every time.
What is NatDecants’ Functionality?
1. Easy access to professional, jargon-free wine reviews you can trust
2. Instant search and sorting of 270,000 expert wine ratings
3. Delicious new food pairings for every style of wine
4. Quick recall of your wines in My Cellar, the app’s cellar tracker software
5. Fast way to add photos, labels and your own notes to My Cellar
6. Canadian Pricing and Wine Availability
– Custom Shopping Lists you can sort by region, style, price
– Real-time inventory stock updates for Canadian liquor stores
– Pinpoint the closest Canadian store to you with the wines on your Shopping List
– Helpful alerts when the wines you like are back in stores with a new vintage
– Constant updates on which wines are on sale or have bonus Air Miles
– Expert guidance to find the top 10 wines by price, score or style
– Convenient ability to combine and track Opimian Wine Club wines with your liquor store purchases
– Proven tips for buying the best wines in: BC Liquor Stores, BC VQA Stores, Everything Wine, Liquor Plus, Alberta liquor stores, SLC, MLCC, LCBO, Wine Rack, Wine Shop, SAQ, NSLC, ANBL, NF Liquor, PEILCC and other Canadian wine stores
7. Exclusive access to Natalie’s top wines for special occasions, gift-giving and dinner parties
8. Effortless ways to share your favourite wines on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
9. Fun approach to discover what your friends are drinking
10. Hundreds of entertaining wine videos and insider interviews with winemakers
You have a new wine to add to your cellar, just scan the label or the bottle barcode, simple as 1,2,3.
If you had a great wine at a restaurant but didn’t take a picture of the label just add the info manually.
See an interesting wine in your neighborhood wine store? Check out the expert wine reviews.
Or if you have already rated the wine yourself checkout your own reviews.